06 October 2010

Happiness is the enemy?

Strange! When my alarm sounded this morning, I did NOT wake up angry. I felt good, happy, ready for the day. Can't wait to get started. I didn't like my weigh-in this morning but there are always fluctuations and I'm sure I'll make up for it tomorrow or the next day. I didn't follow my intuition yesterday and ate more dinner becaue it was yummy instead of listening to my hunger signal or lack thereof. I'm finding that being in a good mood is more dangerous than being depressed with my eating habits. When I'm unhappy or stressed, it's easier these days to gain a little control of my world by thinking about what I'm eating. When I'm relaxed and things are going well and I have no reason to freak out (this happens rarely) I am more likely to eat for pleasure instead of nutrition.

Overeating is not the same has having a binge though. I wasn't uncomfortable and "full" when I got up from the table. I didn't feel horrified or guilty about what I'd eaten. In fact, I didn't really think much of it until the scale showed me this morning. I know I ate too much. I'm ruminating on why and I think that my  diligence just isn't where it usually is when I'm relaxed an happy.  Oddly, I don't feel the need to stress out about it. I know that I can undo this. I'd love to be able to hit the 50 lbs down mark by the end of the week. All of the walking I'll be doing in Chicago should help. Today's to-do list is long but nothing I can't handle.

Stepping up my awareness!

2 comments:

  1. 50 lbs down...you are awesome. If not the end of this week, the next...walk, walk, walk :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, happiness is nobodies enemy. Myself being on a mission to be happy, have fun even more so that lose weight I cannot accept the title of this post. So let me offer you alternative titles:
    Stressed But Sane
    or...
    Overeating 1, Binge 0
    or...
    I liked my dinner - so what!
    or...
    Go Cubs in 2011

    Any of those work for you :-)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.
Don't be a hater!