06 September 2010

quiet day today

Kiddo went to her friend's house for the day and I actually had time alone with hubby. We took a romantic stroll down the aisles of Wal Mart and spent time reading labels to one another. That's the way we roll.

I've been catching up with some reading and commenting here and there, but for the most part I feel calm and quiet today. I could nap all read alternately all day if hubby would go to work. I'm not getting much done around the house and so far not freaking out about the mammogram tomorrow. I don't like doing it, of course, but it will be over within 10 minutes or so of discomfort and next week I will know wether or not the girls (flopsy and flapsy) are still healthy. If they behave themselves, perhaps they will be treated with a bra that actually fits some day.

I'm not hungry today suprisingly. I worry that perhaps I am coming down with something or maybe it's just that my body finally knows that I don't need to eat constantly. I had my 5 low-salt Ritz with a Tbsp (not each!) of nutella and I was good to go for Wally trip. Even walked down the Halloween candy aisle. I glared at the Reese's pumpkins for a split second, but otherwise didn't take anything personally.  Before that I had a slice of ham for lunch and a half of a whole wheat sandwhich thin with a Tbsp of natural Jif for breakfast. It's 5 pm in Ohio and I have no desire for anything but ice water. I will have to make myself exercise as I feel like being a lump. So cold out and the covers on my bed are so soft and warm. Kitty is snoring away in his sunbeam showing his alluring belly fluff. I can resist Reese's but still the belly fluff of a warm kitty beckons me.

7 comments:

  1. We spent our family time on Sunday night on a nature walk inside of Kroger! We have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't imagine a year ago that I would be where I am today either. If you just keep plugging you will be shocked at the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rub da belleh! Rub da belleh!

    I have turned into a rabid label reader. My shopping trips are slower, now. But sooo much better informed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a relaxing day. Best wishes for a healthy check up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Lanie, you are so funny! I love your "romantic" outing at Walmart! Glad you got a chance to relax :-). Oh my, the allure of the kitty belly! My cat is a fatty, so it's extra cuddly :-) I think cats secretly hypnotize us for their amusement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lanie, you always, always, make me laugh. That's why I love you.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.
Don't be a hater!