13 July 2010

Visiting the doctor today

I am down another 1.5 lbs this morning from yesterday! I cannot tell you how excited I am to step on the scale at the doctor's office today. Yes, I'm dreading the actual "poke 'n scrape" procedure, but it's going to be so worth it when she pats me on the back. Positive feedback is SO motivating to me. I am still very childlike in that manner (and many others, I am told!). Who woulda believed what a difference shaving my legs and clipping my toenails would make! ha ha!

I stayed up way too late last night reading Geneen Roth's "When Food is Love" and have made good progress on that. Her books speak to me. I am so glad my good friend Pam encouraged me to read "Women, Food, and God" as I started my fitness journey. Between that and my friend Mandy reading the books, too, and all the support I've gotten from blogging - inspired my my brother-in-law - it has been an extremely rewarding experience so far.

Now I'm one of those annoying people who want to Witness about their weight loss progress to everybody and get everybody to jump on board. It really is difficult sometimes to keep my mouth shut. I guess that's always been a struggle for me, foodwise and smart remarks both.

I hope all my bloggy friends are having good days too. I have only one and a half pound more to lose before I go get my Wii game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.
Don't be a hater!