04 February 2011

Motivation

I've set myself up today. I invited friends over to knit and visit after lunch. That means I'm really going to have to buckle down this morning and clean up the family room and kitchen. I love it when it's clean but it's been a long time now. Over a month probably. I'm ashamed to have anybody see it. The living room and entry way are fairly clean, and the dining room is full of laundry (clean, unsorted, on the table) and cardboard boxes for recycling.

I have guilt feelings because I know I should run some errands (recycling?) and do some grocery shopping instead of sitting and visiting with friends in front of the fire. But really - I'll get much more done around the house this morning with the pressure of guests coming over. 

There's a big part of me that knows they probably won't end up coming over because it's not a very well organized invitation and really - who doesn't have a dozen better things to do then come sit at my house in front of the fire?  I think I'll bake brownies or something. They will be my friends  if nobody else shows up. Wait, bad idea.

So the anxiety thing is getting me - but as usual, I purposefully set myself up for it anyway. So, into the shower I go and on with my day.  Maybe I will find some healthy snacks to share instead, but I wouldn't count on it unless I go shopping. Which I don't have time for because of the cleaning that needs to be done. Ack!

6 comments:

  1. I love that when I invite people over the house gets cleaned! Doesn't last long though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to come, but I can't get away. I have nephew and then by the time I got there, I'd have to turn around and come back to get the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah a knitting get-together. What does one serve to snack on while getting their knit on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, we have become a lot less social because we hate to clean. Well, I guess I hate to clean. ;-)


    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds like conversations that happen in my head.

    Sometimes, I tell the kids we are having company when we aren't just so they will get stuff done. And then said company always "cancels" after everything is done. Hey, it works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO! We just had a FANTASTIC Mother Culture dinner, and you NEED this as much as the errands need to be run. GOOD for YOU for doing it! Sounds like such a great time!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.
Don't be a hater!