12 October 2010

Dear Pineapple;

Please accept my apologies for all the negative things I may have said or thought about you over the last 40 years. Although I've always tolerated you, I've never really appreciated the REAL you. Growing up, I was lucky to have had canned fruit in the house - almost never fresh. As I grew older, fruit was something that other people enjoyed, but not really in my scope of interest until recently.

Then one of my favorite bloggers introduced me to playing with food by keeping track of the stickers from fresh fruit. How fun!  And yesterday, 2 weeks into my fresh fruit fiesta, I decided to buy a fresh, ripe pineapple. Never before have I experienced such fresh sweet juicy goodness, rivaled only by the infamously delicious Crown Comice pear.

You, my newfound spiky friend, are a new favorite! Beyond the disappointment of finding no quadrangle-clothed invertebrate living in you, my Kiddo likes you too!

Your fan,
Lanie

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE pineapple, the fresh kind. It's like candy! The black grapes I got the other day, were a close second to my favorite natural candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quandrangle-clothed invertebrate??? Huh??

    Oh, and fresh pineapple is soooo gooooooood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absorbant and yellow and porous is he!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE pineapple mixed in with my cottage cheese. But only the fresh pineapple will do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And they are full of good digestive enzymes. My rabbits like them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pineapple is my favorite fruit! I was Fraulein Schneider in Cabaret and we had to sing an entire song about a pineapple and after that, I've been hooked! Lol. It's the best fruit. I'm glad you've discovered it.

    -Raych
    http://losingwithraych.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Spongebob! Dur! lol


    I loves me some fresh pineapple. For most of my life, it was canned, only. My husband introduced me to the joys of fresh pineapple. Now, canned just doesn't cut it, anymore. :D

    Enjoy your sweet, golden goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pineapple is the king of fruit :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.
Don't be a hater!