10 October 2010

windy city

we are loving our time in chicago. American Girl, Vera Bradley, Hershey, you name it. So exhausted from shopping and walking! Walked to Obama's private residence 5 blocks from here, saw the Fermi institute & birthplace of the atomic bomb, U of C quad, Medici restaurant, dining hall reminiscent of Hogwartz, walk walk walk walk. Kid spoke to dad and both great-grandmas on the phone, loving her time with her grandma.  Here is what I bought for myself with my Blogher gift card that I won from Happy Fun Pants' Blog!  Totally a splurge for me, but I love it!
So lots of exercise and way too much "food for fun instead of fuel".

Tomorrow is church and goodbyes and then home. There will be tears, lots of driving, and then relief to be home. Possibly photos of what the kitchen looked like upon my return. (haha)  We'll see inlaws again at Thanksgiving, not sure when we'll get to see kid's godmother again - possibly the last week of December if we are lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.
Don't be a hater!