24 July 2010

Chinny Chin Chin

I'm back down 2.2 after 2 days of gaining more than a lb each day. I will remember these days next time I'm tempted by french fries. I've also developed the habit of touching my collar bone when I feel the urge to binge. It usually snaps me right out of my trance. Yes, I would love to gobble up an entire bag of Reese's miniatures, but I get more joy out of not having that bottom fat roll on my neck. Someday, if I keep it up, I may even recover my real chin! YOu know, that bony potrusion that used to be at the bottom of my face.

Speaking of neck. I don't think the thyroid medicines are working very well yet. I'm betting she'll have to increase them after I see her in September. Although, the dry skin has gotten somewhat better, I'm still exhausted and want to sleep the better portion of the day. It's difficult to burn calories while I'm napping (althout I have been told that my level of snoring must assuredly counts as work).

4 comments:

  1. I am familiar with the bony protrusion as I must get it waxed often! She prolly will have to increase your meds, but they do it slowly so that your body has time to adjust to each increase. Giving you the full dose right away can cause a heart attack (at least that's what my doc said).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, my bony protrusion is visible, but padded. ;) lol

    Collarbones are beginning to peek, when I move a certain way. It is a shock to see them oh so briefly flash into then out of my field of vision. One day they will be back for good. ^^

    From what I understand, finding the right balance with thyroid meds can be a bit of a process. Maybe a call to your doc would net you an earlier appointment and a more suitable to you dosage, sooner. Give you more energy and help you feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you touch your collarbone as a reminder that you don't want to gain weight there? I think that's a great idea! I'll have to find some skinny part of my body and see if it works for me. BTW, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I soooo appreciated your support! xo lala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lala - love your blog. Especially the sprinkless. My collarbone is no where near skinny, trust me, but I can feel the bones now, where it was all squishy before and it really is motivational. Quirky, but I'll take what I can get.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.
Don't be a hater!